1. At meals, put less food on your plate. Chew your food slower and longer than usual and put your fork down between bites. This not only helps you keep your weight down, but also aids digestion – a double whammy.
2. Eat junk food in moderation, i.e. 1 or 2 days a week. You can give yourself a break a day or two a week, but the rest of the week lay off the junk food. That includes soda pop too.
3. As each year passes, our bodies do not absorb the needed nutrients at mealtime that help keep us at our optimum health and energy level. Be sure to take vitamin and mineral supplements to make up the shortage.
Two causes that contribute to more rapid aging are:
1. The food we eat (wrong food)
2. The food we do not eat (not enough healthy food).